Sādhanā

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Speaking of yoga and the year of self-care, today marks the 19th consecutive day of me doing yoga and I'm pretty psyched about it! (Here is a pat on the back).

Earlier this month, a couple of my friends and I joined in Adriene's 31 days of yoga revolution. Have you heard of it? It's a fun (and free) yoga program that you can do at home. It actually goes beyond just the poses and gives you the tools to explore your own body and mind - kind of like self discovery.

As hard as it was at first to make a habit of setting the alarm clock an hour earlier and committing to actually following each video to the T, by this morning I woke up looking forward to what's ahead...

So what actually made me decide to give this a go? It was Claire's video above entitled Sādhanā. The word itself has many translations, but in its simplest definition it means a personal daily practice where you connect with yourself on a very deep level. Watch it, maybe it will trigger something in you too and help you get more connected to your core-self...

P.S: Better than coffee.
P.P.S: Plus, yoga cityscapes.

(Photo and video by Vidya Living and Todd Scott Ballje)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've been practicing yoga on/off for five years now and I really enjoyed the video you posted

Emily L. said...

Love it! Good for you. I've made a promise to myself to go to yoga class once a week (I do a few stretches every day at home too). Yesterday marked 6 weeks in a row!

Juliette said...

I'm doing it too!!!
I do it at the end of the day and it used to be really hard to motivate but not any more... day 25 woo hoo!!!!

Magalie said...

Started because of your post, thank you!
Day 3, strong and happy! Best from France!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk