One Thing This Year...

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

I'm not the one for making New Year's resolutions. I always fail to keep them, so by now I learnt to stay away from making a list of promises. Having said that, ever since 2012, instead of setting myself up for disappointment right off the bet, I changed the rules and went for little challenges instead.

Five years ago it was all about solo eating, followed by simplifying my lifegoing back to basicsbeing more present each day, and last year I finally managed to let go of those unrealistic expectations that we, the society or other people put on us.

This year, however, I'm going to dedicate to self care. I'm turning 35 this summer and I feel like my body and mind are a bit exhausted and they would need a bit of extra care. So, I'm ready to do just that! How about you? Making any resolutions this year? What are they? Fancy joining in the challenge?

P.S: Women in this town.
P.P.S: Travelling solo...

(Photo via Finnland)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It feels like I should try being kinder to myself this upcoming year too. I feel drained and unmotivated, so I'm with you

Sarah said...

I was always horrible at keeping New Years resolutions, so much like you, I quit making them. I suppose my only goal for this year is actually taking time for myself and making me happy. That being said I have finally made the decision to travel. And I am so beyond excited!

Carmen said...

I will turn 45 and this rings all the bells in the city. Happy New Year, my dear Diana.

Jen Holtkamp said...

That's a great goal! I've been thinking about that too as I've gotten older (we're the same age!) just little things like never using hot water on my skin, not sleeping with my hair in a bun or ponytail, taking vitamins everyday and biotin, wearing sunglasses to prevent squinting and eye strain in the sun, taking my contacts out earlier, etc. Happy new year!

Spunkyrella said...

I've always loved your non-resolution resolutions ;) Last year I chose a word to accompany throughout the year - which ended up being EXPLORE - and it did not disappoint! I haven't picked a specific one for this year yet, but since I am also about to turn 35 in May this year, I think self-care isn't the worst idea!

I really need to make myself a priority too! Let's keep each other updated on that! Deal?

xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk