I'm sorry, but thanks

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

If like me, you tend to apologize way too much for the smallest of things, here is a little food for thought that might just put things in perspective...

"Lately I’ve been replacing my ‘I’m sorry’s with ‘thank you’s, like instead of ‘sorry I’m late’ I’ll say ‘thanks for waiting for me’, or instead of ‘sorry for being such a mess’ I’ll say ‘thank you for loving me and caring about me unconditionally’ and it’s not only shifted the way I think and feel about myself but also improved my relationships with others who now get to receive my gratitude instead of my negativity."

P.S: A sweet lesson on patience.
P.P.S: Living with less...

(Quote via Camilla Pihl. Photo via Modern Hepburn)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly what I needed to read today, thx. Jill

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Brim Papery has a great t-shirt for sale that says "unapologetic" I got it for my sister, she loves it!

Jana said...

brilliant!

Emily said...

What a great perspective! I'll be trying this out :)

xx Emily

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk