As much as this season is filled with the promise of jolliness, it’s also one of the busiest months on the calendar. Just count up all the festive errands you have to run, the handful of Holiday parties you’re required to attend and the nearly impossible task to treat everyone you love to a well-thought-out gift that will make them swoon as soon as they tear off the wrapping.
So yes! This month is as jolly as it is hectic, but I wouldn’t want it any other way:)
Having said that, over the years I came up with a few ways to make it run smoother. One of the things I look forward to are festive time cancellations, so I can squeeze in some extra 'me time'. But when things catch up with me, I rely on a few go-to items that keep me sane, well-rested and cozy throughout.
So today I’d like to share a handful of my favourite gems that make all the difference:
- A good, handmade knit beanie is a must! Especially if it’s in cheery colour so it makes you smile when you catch your reflection in the mirror on your way to work. Mine is from a small shop called Kikoto, but here is another one that you might love as well.
- A subscription to your favourite magazine to read on the go, while waiting in long queue, on a subway or at the doctor's office. It's such a simple and effective way to not let the delay or the wait overtake your brain. My go-to is the awesome British Red Magazine. Yours?
- A box of organic and natural stress-free or sleep-well tea. It’s the only way to calm that racing mind of yours before going to bed. I love and swear by SKYNblends and RxApothecary.
- If you're like me and you struggle with the pm energy plunge, try this energy bank essential oil roll-on. It’s better and healthier than coffee and it smells amazing!
- For festive dinner parties, work shindigz and jolly Friday night drinks with friends, go with your trusty necklace that you can wear with an everyday sweater or your sassy navy blue party dress. The key is simple, versatile and wearable. For me, this halo necklace from Edor is a go-to gem right now. I never take it off.
- A great pair of day-to-night earrings is a must as well. Like those, nothing too fancy but something that will say 'put together and stylish'.
- And of course, a set of stacking rings and a moody nail polish that ties everything together and makes your outfit look understated and festive. This nail polish shade is so classic and those are a few of my go-to stacking rings.
- Normally I don’t wear much makeup, but when it comes to festive parties, a dash of this Boi-ing concealer will always make my skin look beautiful.
- And lastly, don’t forget to make any excuse to play some music in your home. It’s proven that music has a huge influence on our happiness, energy and overall well-being. I'm all about Sonny Rollins these days. You?
Now your turn, to tell me about your festive season essentials.
P.S: And my basic all natural beauty routine.
P.P.S: Fancy more?
(Photos by exPress-o)