Autumn Fashion Trend: Velvet

Monday, October 24, 2016






There is no denying that velvet is the go-to fabric this season. Everywhere I look, there is somebody sporting a velvet blazer, a handbag, a pair of shoes with velvet details or even a dress made entirely of, yes, velvet!

Personally, whenever I see this rather heavy fabric, I think of my mom's not-so-flattering coat back from the 70's, but having said that, over the weekend I tried on a navy blue velvet blazer and I actually found it incredibly stylish, in that tomboyish-kind-of-chic way. I'm sold!

What do you think. Thumbs up or down?

P.S: Autumn elegance at its best...
P.P.S: Plus, sassy ankle boots, jazzy coats and a great pop of colour:)

(Photos by/via Collage VintageNY MagHarper's BazaarHarper and HarleyVogue and Vanessa Jackman)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the way UP. Jill

Olivia DiTomaso said...

I can't get enough of the velvet trend.

Liv

www.livforstyle.net

Emily L. said...

Do not like this trend. Velvet is nice is some details, but too much of it looks like old drapery to me!

LyddieGal said...

Ahhh yes please! What is not to love about velvet??
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

Liv, awesome:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Emily, good point.

Diana Mieczan said...

Lydia :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk