Simple Home: Fall Simmer Pot.

Thursday, September 22, 2016



Simmer pots are my gem!

Since I work from home, I find that I'm more productive when my environment is wonderfully scented with all natural seasonal goodies. So since we're done with summer (pretty much), here is yet another incredibly soothing simmer pot combination that I've just discovered. Besides my usual go-to mix, this one is quickly becoming my new favourite.

It's made of half grated nutmeg, 5 cinnamon sticks, a dash of pumpkin pie or apple pie spice, a teaspoon of ground cloves (or more if you like), a bit of orange zest and 8 regular black tea bags (opened) - but honestly, you can use more or less of each spice, depending on your mood. To make it, just place all the ingredients into a small sauce pan with 3 cups of water and simmer throughout the day...

Plus, here are six more simmer pot combinations that you might want to try as well:
- the comforting early fall blend
- the classic apple-orange fall potpourri concoction
- the rainy autumn day mix
- the perfect Thanksgiving fusion
- the perfect Christmas combination
- the zesty late summer mixture

Are you ready for autumn? I definitely am:)

P.S: Speaking of autumn transitions...
P.P.S: And those adorable succulent potted pumpkins :)

(Photos, recipe and how-to by Kristin - Live Simply)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it smells like a fall coffee cake. I'll try it this weekend. Jill

Jillian said...

mmmm i bet this smells so good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, it totally does:) Glad you going to try it.

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, oh yes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk