Feeling Peckish?

Thursday, September 15, 2016


Are you sick of this season’s juicy tomatoes? I hope not because, I’m about to blow your mind with the simplest and most delicious Italian take on a savory snack. It’s called pane con pomodoro: a tomato cut in half and rubbed over bread until it is stained pink. It needs only a sprinkle of salt and pepper and a dash of olive oil on top.

I know it sounds too simple, but it’s really delicious, especially if you toast the bread beforehand. Try it!

P.S: Sicilian stuffed tomatoes...
P.P.S: Don't miss our sassy jewelry GIVEAWAY this week!

(Tip, recipe and photos by Emiko Davies via/for Food52)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

My type of recipe, thx

LyddieGal said...

Oh I never of tire of the garden tomatoes, and this sounds tasty, but then what do you do with the rest of the tomato?
iamchiconthecheap.com

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, my pleasure :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lydia, you can eat it later...

Carmen said...

My go-to breakfast (but also my father's and my second child's). This is very common here in Spain. Love,

Carmen

Diana Mieczan said...

Carmen, how wonderful:) Yay!

emily said...

This is my favorite breakfast treat! I find it easier to grate the tomato on a cheese grater (cut side, so you end up with just the skin). Then you can spoon it on to the bread. You can also rub the toasted bread with a raw clove of garlic before adding the tomato. With some really good olive oil and smoked salt flakes--Yum!

Diana Mieczan said...

Emily, thanks for those nifty tips:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk