A Nifty Trick for Fresher Tomatoes (In a Jiffy)

Thursday, September 29, 2016


Where do you store your tomatoes? Me? Usually in the fridge, but according to Derek, that’s not the best idea since the cold temperatures cause them to loose flavour.

So what’s the solution? Simply dip your newly purchased tomatoes in warm water (about 125°F) before chilling them in the fridge. According to Leslie - who tried this out - this little trick will help retain flavour for much longer.

Hmm, can’t wait to try it. You?

P.S: My favourite take on Sicilian stuffed tomatoes and this:)
P.P.S:Plus, Italian simplicity.

(Tip via Food52. Photos by Adventures in Cooking and via Fit Baker)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother taught me that years ago. It works. Jill

little luxury list said...

Thanks for the tip! I've been keeping my tomatoes on the kitchen counter but this totally is such a neat trick!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

little luxury list, my pleasure - it's so good and works to perfection:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk