How to Chop an Onion (without crying)

Thursday, August 18, 2016

I don't know about you, but in our home, we love to cook with onions. Having said that, since I'm the one that usually chops them, I've been on a lookout for ways to make my everyday chopping routine less teary and more enjoyable, and I think I found it!

According to Sheri, my friend Amy and tons of people on the internet, the way to chop an onion without crying is by putting an (unlit) match or two between your lips just before you're about to start chopping. I have no idea how or why it works, but apparently it does and that's enough for me.

I'm going to try it tonight. How about you?

P.S: And also this life changing (onion) tip.
P.P.S: Plus, don't miss out on winning a sassy piece of jewelry this week!

(Tip via Sheri. Photos by Because and Christy Davis Interiors)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you tried bread? It works pretty well too. Jill

Elsa de Diego said...

Amazing...I'll be trying tonight for sure! XO

Stephanie said...

I have tried everything and the only thing that works for me is to wear swim goggles while I chop. My husband always gets a laugh but it works!

Stephanie said...

I have tried everything and the only thing that works for me is to wear swim goggles while I chop. My husband always gets a laugh but it works!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, bread didn't really work well for me. I'm not sure why...

Diana Mieczan said...

Elsa :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Stephanie, how awesome! Love:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk