Fresh Flower Tip

Monday, August 29, 2016

Sometimes I get a beautiful and fresh bunch of peonies, dahlias or tulips - with a few buds still firmly closed - in hopes they will blossom any day now, but a few days later instead of opening up fully, they start wilting.

Hmm, so after a bit of research, I took Carly's advice and now I always encourage my freshly bought bunch by cutting its stems on an eagle and then placing them in a glass filled with warm water for just a minute before moving them to a vase filled with cold water. If you do that your fresh blooms will open to their maximum size. It's amazing!

P.S: Also, this.
P.P.S: And that.

(Photo via Lisa Narramore)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll try it. Jill

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I learned this trick from a friend of a friend who is a florist and swear by it!

Emalyce Weiss said...

I will have to try this! Sadly, my flowers always look so sad after just a day or two. :-(

LyddieGal said...

Thank you for the tip! Lately it's been so hot in my apartment that my cut flowers are looking pretty sad after only a couple of days :(
http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk