Tip: Morning Water Therapy

Monday, July 18, 2016

Did you know that Japan has the second highest life expectancy in the world? People there pride themselves on good eating and drinking habits. One of their most common practices is drinking two glasses of room temperature water - just after waking up!

This rather simple ritual activates internal organs, giving your body the best possible start to the day. Also, this practice is said to have the ability to fully cure a number of diseases, while also improving your mood and memory.

Having said all that, I know from experience that it’s easier said than done! So when a few months ago I complained to a friend that I always forget to drink in the morning, she got me a beautifully minimal carafe as a gift to motivate me.

Ever since then my water drinking routine has changed completely: I wake up, look at my flowers and drink that prepared glass of water before getting up and making my way to the coffee machine. So since we're all friends here - and friends help each other - below are 9 beautiful carafes that will fit right into your bedroom and they will be your hydration companions for the morning.

- 1. Pinch carafe ($20) - 2. Oasis bed carafe ($25) - 3. Libbey's carafe bottle ($8) - 4. Fia carafe ($57) - 5. Carafe with a cork lid ($55) - 6. Bolia clear water carafe ($30) - 7. Cora carafe ($13) - 8. Cathy's Concepts bedside water carafe ($25) - 9. Jakob Munk carafe ($58) -

Which one caught your eye?

P.S: A gallon of water a day.
P.P.S: If you only do one thing this month...

(Top photos by/via SF Girl by BayKinfolkMy Domaine and Tessa Neustadt. Layout by exPress-o)


Anonymous said...

Does it count if I drink it after my morning coffee? Jill

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Off topic, but I love the bedside table in the last bedroom picture!

Caitlyn said...

They're all lovely! We're still working on furnishing our apartment with a limited budget, so for now my bedside table is a little cardboard box by the rocking chair (crib is next to the bed!) and my "carafe" is a 12 oz lidded glass cup from Starbucks hehe We'll get there someday!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, sadly no:) It has to be on an empty stomach

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, I'm with you on that! It's lovely, indeed:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Caitlyn, I love how creative you are and I bet your glass cup makes a great carafe:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk