The Nomad Barber

Tuesday, July 5, 2016








I’m one of those people who wait on pins and needles for their next haircut appointment. I find the whole shebang (including the amazing scalp massage) so relaxing! Not to mention the sound of hairdryers mixed with loud chatter always puts me in a state of deep meditation. Having said that, I wouldn’t mind adding an amazing view to that combo.

Meet Miguel Gutierrez, a Liverpool based hairdresser who visited 30 different countries since 2013 - including Dubai, Cambodia, Nepal, Greece and Iraq - to perfect his craft and to see how this ancient 5,000-year-old trade varies from place to place by setting up shop in the middle of a beautiful spot and offering haircuts to locals and tourists.

What a brilliant way to travel, learn and work. I'm impressed. You?

P.S: Travel as therapy.
P.P.S: Imagine finding me...

(via DailyMail)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it would be fun to do this on a cliff in Ireland

Jess said...

Now THAT is how you get a haircut! Speaking of which, I have reeeeaally been needing a trim myself!

English Mum said...

Haha the guy with the red hair and beard in the second picture is my friend Allan. He's an incredibly talented photographer - you'd love his pictures - check out his Insta, it's @chaiwalla xxx

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, totally!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jess :)

Diana Mieczan said...

English Mum, oh my goodness! How awesome and thank you for the link. I am going to check his feed out right now:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk