Summer Simmer Pot

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

If you’ve been reading exPress-o for a while, you know that I love a good simmer pot - no matter the season!

Also, if you asked any of my friends, they would tell you that they always expect to find a fresh potpourri pot simmering away on the stove in my kitchen. I don’t know what is it about those natural concoctions that makes me keep on going back to them, but besides making the flat smell incredible, they also feel like a treat.

So, here is my newest go-to summery mix of a grapefruit, a few spring of rosemary (thyme smells amazing as well), a bunch of eucalyptus leaves, a dash of vanilla and some shredded coconut (that's a must). Just place all the goodies in a small pot, pour in some water and simmer away.

This particular combination reminds me of the smell of those summer evenings on the porch at my grandma's. So special! I hope you try it.

P.S: Here is another one for summerand a few others for autumnThanksgiving and Christmas.
P.P.S: Speaking of simple home, here is a nifty little tip.

(Photos and recipe by/via Kitchen by Design)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to try one of your pots. Jill

Jillian Manesh said...

sounds amazing! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

kelli said...

i've got to try this! p.s. i saw that i think i won the necklace, but i'm not sure if i left my email address? i hope i'm not too late, but understand if i am.

Diana Mieczan said...

Not too late at all, Kelli! I've sent you an email yesterday to: kailove07@gmail.com
Did you receive it? Is that your email address?

kelli said...

yes, that's definitely my email address! i did a search to try to find it and nothing has popped up. not sure why it didn't go through. do you mind sending it again? again, i totally understand if you're not able to. thanks for replying so quickly!

Diana Mieczan said...

Kelli, no trouble at all! I've just sent it again, please have a look. If by any chance, you didn't receive it, here is my email address: diana.mieczan@hotmail.com Please send me your full name and your mailing info so we can ship out your necklace this week. Sounds good? xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, you totally should:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk