A Gallon of Water a Day

Monday, June 6, 2016

Do you ever forget to drink enough?

I know it sounds silly and till recently, I thought I was the only one who did this, but after asking around, I realized that many people have the same problem. So, I’ve been reading a lot about how dehydration affect us and I decided it’s really time to get my water intake in order.

For example, here's Maria: a fairly healthy person who exercises regularly and eats clean, but till recently she hasn't been drinking enough. In the past, each time she had a check-up, her doctors told her that her horrible migraines, skin problems, and constant fatigue were due to being constantly dehydrated. The solution is simple, they said: drink more!

Although it sounded simple, Maria never remembered to drink enough. So one day last month she finally gave in and started a challenge of drinking a gallon of water a day for 30 days in an attempt to see what it would do for her.

She documented the whole process, during which she realized there were not enough public bathrooms in New York City and that chucking huge amounts of water at once will make you sick. But then her body miraculously started to adjust and show benefits of her new drinking routine. Her bathrooms breaks decreased, she learned how to sip, her face cleared, her sugar cravings disappeared, her migraine was gone and her energy levels went over the roof. Ha, and all just because she drank more water.

Inspired? I definitely am! Do you drink enough?

P.S: A few jazzy takes on water and lilac goodness.
P.P.S: Plus, water is a family affair...

(via Refinery29. Photo of my chia fresca from the other day by exPress-o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My way to drinking is by caring a bottle of water everywhere, otherwise I can go on for a whole day without a drop of water

Steph said...

Ooph, I'm terrible at drinking enough water. I've tried to get better at it, but unless I constantly have a glass next to me in my peripheral vision, I rarely think about it. :( Probably explains a lot!

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I used to be terrible about drinking enough water but once I realized the benefits, I always make the effort now.

Carolina said...

Your chia water looks amazing! Where do you get your chia seeds?

Elsa de Diego said...

Ha! Great topic. For me, Mon to Fri I'm good at it (as in 1.5 liter a day). Weekends I forget about it. Big mistake. Anyway, one gallon is a little too much for me. 2l. a day would be a good number. Water is definitely really important for us. Thanks for the info xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk