10 (New) Must-Read Food Memoirs

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

What's the last food memoir you've read? Ah, I'm a self-confessed food book addict since those books are usually filled with stories of passion, travel, love and self-discovery - all centered scrumptiously around food. So here are 10 hot new and not-so-new releases that will make you hungry and not only for food...

1Stir: My Broken Brain and the Meals That Brought Me Home by Jessica Fechtor - 2. Food and the City: New York's Professional Chefs, Restaurateurs, Line Cooks, Street Vendors, and Purveyors Talk About What They Do and Why They Do It by Ina Yalof - 3. 32 Yolks: From My Mother's Table to Working the Line by Eric Ripert - 4. Cooking as Fast as I Can: A Chef's Story of Family, Food, and Forgiveness by Cat Cora - 5. Sweetbitter by Stephanie Danler - 6. American Wino: A Tale of Reds, Whites, and One Man's Blues by Dan Dunn

7Slice Harvester: A Memoir in Pizza by Colin Atrophy Hagendorf - 8. Voracious: A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way Through Great Books by Cara Nicoletti - 9. In Memory of Bread: A Memoir by Paul Graham - 10. My Organic Life: How a Pioneering Chef Helped Shape the Way We Eat Today by Nora Pouillon.

Have you read any of them already? Would you add something to the list?

P.S: Plus, those 10 brilliant reads to devour on a flight.
P.P.S: Literature + food.

(Layout by exPress-o. Top photo by Chloe Crane Leroux via The Onomie)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life from Scratch from Global Table blogger Sasha Martin was my last food read, really good, thanks for all these suggestions, specially the new ones.......I have lot's of respect for Jessica Fechtor and what she went through, unbelievably amazing, recommend both reads.......Sonja

Anonymous said...

32 Yolks is equally inspiring & heartbreaking

LyddieGal said...

Sounds like a good way to work up an appetite! I'll have to check some these out, my summer reading list is wanting.
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Sonja, 'Life From Scratch' sounds really interesting - I will definitely check it out. Also, my pleasure:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, you're totally right!

Diana Mieczan said...

Lydia, oh yes!

Caitlyn said...

Several of these are on my to-read list, but I'm especially looking forward to Voracious!!

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Sweetbitter is on my list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk