Iced Turmeric Latte

Thursday, May 12, 2016

This week I’ve been trying to cut back on coffee - or have a tiny little caffeine detox. So instead of my trusty morning cuppa, I’ve been making Rick’s turmeric latte and to my surprise, it actually does the trick and keeps my energy levels up.

So, if you need a little caffeine break, do yourself a favour and make this iced latte instead. You won't be sorry:)

Here is how: take 1 cup of nut milk, 4 teaspoons of turmeric, 2 teaspoons of honey (or sugar), 1 teaspoon of ginger, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a pinch of cardamom, and a pinch of salt - and whisk all until the sugar and the salt have dissolved. Next, strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a glass with ice and enjoy. Ta dah!

P.S: Have you tried this turmeric trick yet? It blew my mind - SO good!
P.P.S: Morning coffee Swedish style.

(Recipe by Rick Martinez via/for bon appétit. Photo by Alex Lau)


Anonymous said...

Can I use powder turmeric or it has to be fresh? Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, you can totally use powder:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk