Vanilla Take on Coconut Oil

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Recently, I got a couple of emails from readers asking if there is a way to get rid of (or minimize) the coconut-y scent of coconut oil since for some people it gets too much when used on daily basis. Honestly, I’ve been there too!

So here is a little trick I do to change the scent for good:
On the day when I buy a new jar of coconut oil, I place a quarter or half (depending on the jar size) a vanilla bean into it, mix it in with a spoon and leave it in for a week.

After a day or so, your usual coconut oil aroma will transform into a delicate vanilla scent that is comforting, delicate and beautiful. Do you use coconut oil daily?

P.S: Plus, this coffee scrubthat hair treatment.
P.P.S: And my basic (all natural) beauty routine.

(Photo by exPress-o)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The big reason I don't use coconut products is because I can't stand the aroma. I should try it this way

Nikola Holková said...

I love coconut oil because of its aroma. I recently wrote a post why I love coconut oil vitacoco and it is only because of its smell.And i can not image this oil without it. :) But everyone is different. This is a very good trick for those who do not like it :)
Beauty Bubble

Jana ! said...

brilliant!

Pixelhazard said...

What a great idea. It has been overwhelming since they started putting coconut oil in everything!

Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces

Roselie said...

Brilliant! Personally I adore the smell of coconut, but this could come in useful :) And is a nice change. I really want to make coconut cream (coconut oil blended) and vanilla aroma would be just as nice as coconut!

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, you totally should :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Nikola :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jana xoxo

Diana Mieczan said...

Pixelhazard, so true!

Diana Mieczan said...

Roselie, yes to vanilla scented coconut cream :)

Thelma Frayne said...

This is really clever - thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk