Home Gem: Chinese Money Plant

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Have you heard of the Chinese money plant?

Recently I stumbled upon this quirky, easy to grow, and apparently always in demand gem that besides looking awesome, it also has the loveliest story. It originates from a range of mountains in the Yunnan province of China. In 1946 a Norwegian missionary, Agnar Espegren, brought the plant to Norway, where it then spread through European households', one cutting at a time. Yup, the only way people could get it was by counting on their friends' or family members' generosity, who already owned a pot of it. Here is more on the story is you fancy reading it - it’s rather charming, if I may say so :)

Anyway, I’ve been trying to track it down for myself and stumbled upon a few on eBay. So my plan is to snatch one as soon as possible and if you do too, don’t forget to share your cuttings with the rest of the world. Cheers!

P.S: Fancy more all-things-plants?
P.P.S: Plus, the 'it' plant for a black thumb!

(Photos by/via Wit and WhistlePejperDecorenvy, Lebenslus Tigerelephant in the roomCate st HillJennilee Marigomen. Tidbits via Wild ChickenMiss Moss and Gardenista)


Anonymous said...

First time I hear of it and I'd like one too. Jill

Art Farm said...

Love the story behind it and I love the shape of the plant. I've seen images of it before, but never knew what it was called! Now I want to try to seek one out. xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, you totally should!

Bhawan Baweja said...

Nice blog for the beginners with amazing images, I never see them before. Thanks for sharing the blog.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk