Go-to Granola

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I’m on a granola kick and I like it! I blame in on Molly and Spilled Milk but most of all, I blame it on Balazs who wouldn’t admit it, but he is the one who always makes sure to mention when the jar is getting empty. So here I am, three batches later, I still can’t get enough of this mix. You might ask what’s so special about it. Well it’s many things, but mainly the incredibly satisfying deep flavour that olive oil adds to it.

Make it and I promise you, you'll want to eat it for breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. Plus, you might even have a bag of it in your purse, just because...My favourite combination is with plain yogurt and raspberries. So good!


Granola (Recipe by/adapted from Molly Wizenberg)
- 600 grams (6 cups) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 100 grams (2 cups) unsweetened coconut chips
- 400 grams (4 cups) chopped nuts (I use walnuts and almonds)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt 
- 240 ml (1 cup) honey or maple syrup 
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil 
- 150 grams (1.5 cup) dried cranberries 

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees and line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Measure the dry ingredients into a large bowl, and stir well. Add the honey and olive oil, and stir to evenly coat. Divide the mixture between the two prepared sheet pans, spread it out, and bake, stirring the granola and flipping the pans once or twice, until golden brown, about 40 minutes.

Allow to cool completely, then transfer the granola to airtight containers. You can store it at room temperature for a couple of weeks.

P.S: And since we are on the subject of granola, those banana bread bars are something special!
P.P.S: Plus, food swap...

(Photos by exPress-o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos Diane, I don't think I ever had granola made with olive oil

Melanie said...

Granola has always been my weakness!!! Looks super yummy!!

Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk