Easy Dinner Breakfast-Style

Thursday, April 7, 2016



Are eggs your thing? I’m totally an egg kind-of-girl. I love them scrambled, grilled, hard boiled, poached, friedrunny - you name it, I’m ready to dig in!

Anyway, since this week has been rather busy so far and Balazs has been working late most nights, I’ve been making Renée's oeufs en cocottes on repeat. The thing that makes this recipe magical is the béchamel sauce and sourdough bread. Mm, truly there is no better feeling than indulging in one of those hot pots totally on your own, while sitting by an open window and watching reruns of Friends.

Here is the recipe if you fancy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner-style, like I do!

P.S: Also, a few more takes on eggs in things:)
P.P.S: Plus, French omelette à la Julia Child and this take on avocado toast.

(Photos by Renée Kemps)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that basil? I'm intrigued by mixing fresh herbs with bechamel. Jill

Melanie said...

I love eggs!! I still have to master poached eggs then I would love to try this out!! =P

Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

little luxury list said...

Mmm I would totally try this and my little Le Creuset pots would be put to good use!

xoxo,
little luxury list formerly Chic 'n Cheap Living

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, yes it's fresh basil. It fits right in...SO good!

Diana Mieczan said...

Melanie, you should get a set of those nifty egg pods. They make egg poaching really easy.

Diana Mieczan said...

Little Luxury List :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk