What’s your (basic) everyday beauty routine? Does it change often or is it the same since college? Do you have a few trusty products that you keep on going back to? Or are you more of an adventurous type?
I get many emails asking about my beauty routine so I thought today I’d share a few of my basic go-to's and a few of my new favourite discoveries.
To start off, I have an extremely sensitive skin that is prone to rosacea. It's a troublesome combination, so my beauty routine is made of two parts: cosmetics and teas that I drink daily. Yes, in my experience, a healthy gut contributes greatly to the way my skin looks. For example, when I’m stressed, feeling poorly or after a few days of eating takeout, all those things affect my complexion and show signs on my skin. So over the years I discovered that having a routine that is constant no matter what, really helps me maintain a healthy glow, even during busy or stressful days.
- I start off each day with a cup of hot water with freshly squeezed lemon juice (from half of a lemon) or a big glass of water with two tablespoons of organic apple cider vinegar. Both combinations have gut healing powers and speed up metabolism that helps with getting rid of all the toxins from your system.
- I also have a cup of hot water with a few slices of ginger around midday and a cup of fresh thyme or sage tea in the evening. Both prevent internal inflammation that can be caused by processed food, fizzy drinks or alcohol.
- I recently started to use Fresh facial cleanser by Skin Essence Organics that I got as part of my monthly Pearlesque Box subscription. It smells heavenly and leaves my skin feeling clean, cleansed and nourished.
- After I clean my face, I use my apple cider vinegar toner, followed by a touch of ocular serum under my eyes - it's my new favourite and all natural puffy eyes remedy. And finish it all of with this raspberry seed oil (or this one) as moisturizer (in the morning) or organic Jojoba oil (at night).
- I use coconut oil and/or Shea butter as body lotion or make a mix of the two.
- Mostly I brush my teeth with natural toothpaste such as Georganics or Desert Essence, but recently I started to brush my teeth with natural homemade toothpaste made of baking soda, coconut oil and mint essential oil.
- Every second or third night I treat myself to a long bath and a spirulina face mask or turmeric mask that I make myself.
Now your turn...What's your daily basic beauty routine? Do share:)
P.S: And here is something for hair.
P.P.S: Plus a few more homemade goodies that I often use.
(Photo by exPress-o)