The Joy of a Never-Ending Search for Hobbies

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

What are your hobbies? I have just one or two, but after watching this heart-warming short documentary, I think I need to add a few more to my list.

Meet Manny Avalos, self-proclaimed Renaissance man with an impressive variety of skills and interests. His expertise spans across the subjects of mathematics, teaching, painting, music, and woodworking. One day after repairing a broken guitar for a friend, he was so intrigued by the craftsmanship and detail that went into making a guitar that he learnt how to create them from scratch. Now, at the age of 89, Manny works out of his shed, crafting custom guitars.

For this sweet gentleman, it's all about the sheer enjoyment of creating and discovering new things since ‘there’s a great joy in knowing that perhaps you have enough time to get to these things, to learn them.'

Grab a cup of coffee and enjoy the video above, I admit, it made me teary and thoughtful!

P.S: Iconic shots and the people behind them + this.
P.P.S: The death of conversation.

(Video by Upland Film Co. via The Atlantic via Reading My Tea Leaves)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always say I have no time for hobbies yet I wish I could change that. Manny reminds me of my papa

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk