Nifty (and Delicious) Store-Bought Hummus Trick

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Do you like hummus? Do you make it yourself? Sometimes I do, but more often than I care to admit, I opt for a store-bought version, because it’s so much quicker, isn’t it?

Well, having said that, the trouble with pre-packed hummus is that it doesn’t taste as good as the homemade and often the texture is a bit off. So when last week I read Jenny’s post where she shared a brilliant hummus hack, I was thrilled to try it out and it blew me away!

It’s all in the Greek yogurt! Yup, a dash of it not only makes the texture irresistible, but enriches the taste as well. So next time you’re planning a hummus, falafel and pita dinner, place your store-bought hummus into a bowl, then fold in anywhere between 1 to 3 large tablespoons of Greek yogurt until you reach the consistency you desire and then just top it off with olive oil, some paprika and any other toppings you like. Ta dah!

P.S: Fancy more tips? Here is one for kiwigarlicParmesan rind and avocado.
P.P.S: Keep berries fresh!

(Tip by Heidi via Dinner Love Story. Photos by My Name Is Yeh and Brooke Lark)


Anonymous said...

You always share the best tips. Jill

Art Farm said...

Yum! What a great idea!! xo, Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk