Dating in a long-term relationship

Thursday, February 11, 2016

Do you date your partner or your husband? I often get asked if Balazs and I still bother with dates - knowing that we have been together for like 100 years and a bit :) The answer is yes, although we mostly don’t plan it much ahead. So I’m not sure if I can call those dates, since they just kind of happen - which is probably my favourite bit. I’m a planner by nature, but when it comes to doing fun things, I love going with an instant impulse.

After so many years of being together, we know pretty well what the other one is passionate about, so what Balazs does, is he sometimes shows up with a bottle of wine and some takeout and takes me by the river to sit down for a little dinner. Or when I stumble upon a great new film (often a horror or a drama) that I know he’d love to see, I reserve tickets and make a night out of it.

So getting back to dates, ours are rarely outrageous and I love that, because this way they happen naturally, regularly and with no expectations. I find that with tons of pre-planning every single date, the whole fun fizzles out and after a while it might feel like a chore. So, on that note, I’d love to know what is your take on dates and what are some of your favourite dates?

P.S: Also, a few first date tips and date night moves.
P.P.S: On love.

(Photo via A Gentlewoman)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not married and I'm single at this point but in my last relationship, we reserved every Friday night for a date night. We took turns to plan something and it worked great

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk