Canada’s Ice Fishing Huts

Monday, February 29, 2016



As a child, I spent a few years living in Wyoming, and we used to go to Colorado for fishing. However, those weekends were nothing like the pictures above: while on the fishing boat, our biggest enemy wasn't the freezing temperatures, but boredom and the sun beaming down on us.

Having said that, now as an adult somehow those memories are more filled with nostalgia than anything else. So when I spotted this awesome series of ice huts shot by Toronto based architectural photographer, Richard Johnson, I got totally fascinated with the concept of ice-fishing and especially the uniqueness of those tiny and practical ice homes. It blows my mind that even without their owners present, those little huts totally showcase each owner’s individuality.

P.S: Also, phone booth aquarium and carrying quite a load!
P.P.S: Plus, this underwater hotel room.

(via Modern Farmer via Checks and Spots)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer fishing was never for me yet I'd like a go in icefishing.

Jill said...

Haha these are so cute.
I went ice fishing once a couple years ago. We didn't catch any fish but the hut was so cozy and we ate chocolate covered strawberries!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, that sounds lovely and pretty romantic:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk