9 Savory Takes on Oatmeal

Thursday, February 25, 2016

What's your oatmeal of choice: sweet or savory? Till recently, I didn't quite know what to think of a savory take on oatmeal, but after indulging in a few different variations (especially this one), I totally get it now!

It's incredibly refreshing to realize that a bit of salt, a dash of oil and a runny egg can make a gooey oat base so fulfilling. So, if you are bored of your go-to breakfast (or dinner, for that matter) try one of those nine savory oatmeal variations this week and I promise, you will never look back!

Starting with cheddar and fried egg (above)...
with garlicky greens and bacon...

with miso butter...

with shiitake, kale and walnuts...


with a soft cooked egg...
with poached egg and Hollandaise sauce...
with mushrooms and tahini...

and with greens and yogurt ...

Which one tickles your fancy the most?

P.S: Also, French omelette a la Julia Child and those breakfast bars.
P.P.S: Plus, kitchen sink diaries.

(Photos by Martha StewartThe Chalkboard MagHeartbeet KitchenSet The TableHealthy Nibbles and BitsThe Full HelpingWhat Should I Eat For Breakfast TodayThe New York Times and What's Cooking Good Looking)

6 comments:

Steph said...

Interesting! I never would have thought to make oatmeal savory. I eat it every morning, but plain (cause I'm weird like that). Maybe I'll try one of these!

Camila Faria said...

I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal ~ but I like this savory options. With a soft cooked egg... YUM!

Art Farm said...

Mmm! Sounds so good! We've made a miso soup inspired savory oatmeal, with tofu, green onions. It was really good. xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph, I eat it every single morning as well - love it!

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila, egg makes everything taste SO amazing, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, oh that sounds so good! Can I please have the recipe? I'd love to try it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk