Your own scent

Monday, January 11, 2016


Have you tried making your own perfume blend before? For the past few months, instead of store-bought perfumes, I've been using essentials oils. Having said that, I recently stumbled upon Caitlin’s nifty idea of creating your own blend and I can’t wait to try it myself. She simply mixed a few of her favourite essential oils to create a woodsy scent of her dreams. Brilliant, isn’t it? I’m drawn to a cedar wood, rosemary and eucalyptus blend. You?

P.S: Also, this nifty little perfume trick.
P.P.S: Puffy and tired eyes - no more!

(Photos by The Merry Thought)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Timely, I read perfume are packed with chemicals and skin harming ingredients. Cedarwood scent blend sounds like something I'd like to try.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

I love the idea of creating your own personalized scent and this is so easy as well

Melanie said...

I love this idea!! I'm been recently wanting to get into making my own candles so I will have the essential oils to possible make one! =)

Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

Jill said...

I created my own scent last year while in France and it was so fun to learn all about the process and to really smell how individual scents change over time. The scent I ended up creating was a bit too citrus-y for my personal taste, but when I smell it, it takes me back to that really wonderful time!

Vintage Market Place said...

I am so sensitive to perfumes and things butbi would love to find a natural scent that is not overwhelming

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, it smells amazing:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Rowena, yup! Super easy:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Melanie, homemade candles are the best!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, what an awesome experience:) J'adore!

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy, try to wear a single essential oil that feels comfortable and go from there...

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk