Winter Salads to Eat on Repeat.

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I love salads, I really do, but during winter I have the hardest time convincing myself to reach for a bowl of greens and instead I always opt for something more comforting and sadly, less healthy. The thing about me and winter food is that as long as it’s warm, has some substance and comforts my soul, I’m a happy girl. That's a huge reason why I'm crazy about soups!

Anyway, last week, in hopes to change my approach to wintertime salads, I collected 10 recipes for warm, comforting yet easy and hearty salad bowl ideas that I’m planning to intrude to our weekly dinner rotation, starting with last night’s dinner winner, this chicken and kale salad...
The chopped salad with pear, feta and arugula...
Delicious salad with maple candied walnuts and balsamic fig dressing...

The warm and roasted salad bowl with quinoa, kale and potatoes...

The nourishing bowl salad with eggs, beet root, avocado and brown rice...
This winter rainbow quinoa salad...
The herby barley salad with butter-basted mushrooms...

The ultimate bliss bowl full of carrots, cauliflower and spinach...
The Moroccan salad with figs, basil and prosciutto...

and the rainbow panzanella with parsnip and brussels sprouts.

Which one tickles your fancy? What's your go-to winter salad? Do tell...

P.S: Salad for breakfast?
P.P.S: And 15 nifty food tricks.

(Photos by Pinch of YumHalf Baked HarvestOh She GlowsThe Awesome GreenI Will Not Eat OystersChristopher TestaniYummy BeetMy New Roots and Cotter Crunch)

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I really need to embrace bowls and winter salads more! I've packed a quinoa salad for lunch today and I'm so excited to eat it!

Art Farm said...

Yum! Toby and I have been obsessed with grain bowls lately. Our favorite combo is either wild rice, farro and green lentils or black rice and red quinoa, some sort of roasted veg (broccoli and sweet potato are our favs) and tofu or an egg and maybe some nuts sprinkled on top or anything else in our fridge. The winter veg panzanella looks amazing! What color! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Melanie, I love quinoa :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, lately I can't get enough of tofu. So good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk