The peaceful charm of the Faroe Islands

Thursday, January 21, 2016




What’s your happy place?

For Alex and Anastasia, the Faroe Islands in the North Atlantic Ocean are their go-to happy spot and I can totally see why! It’s one of those unspoiled landscapes that hold the most mesmerizing views and have the freshest air.

Boy, oh boy, I spent most of my today daydreaming about exploring all the 18 islands, spotting those adorable sheep and just switching off and letting the landscape guide me around. Fun fact: Did you know the Faroe Islands have 3 times more sheep than people? Incredible!

P.S: Also, another swoonworthy spot and this place in France.
P.P.S: Plus, tons more travel lust.

(via Steph - Little Observationist via Ignant. Photos by Alex Mazurov and Anastasia Glebova)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. Jill

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I love it too:)

Art Farm said...

So beautiful! Having some serious wanderlust looking at this photos! xo, Katie

LyddieGal said...

Haha, that is a fantastic little fact. I want to go see the sheep now, and could those views get any better?
Chic on the Cheap

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, same here:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Lydia, exactly!

Steph said...

Ahh!! Top of my wish list. I'm hoping for a trip this year. *fingers crossed* Sorry for the silence lately. It's been an absolutely manic 6 weeks, so playing catch up now after visitors, trips to Devon, Tenerife, Boston & NY and plenty of other madness... Hope you are well. xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk