Pickled Rose Petals

Monday, January 11, 2016




Have you tasted pickled rose petals before? To he honest, till recently I didn't know that rose petals go well with salads or that they can be pickled. So when a few weeks ago, Balazs and I went out for a dinner, I spotted a salad on the menu that was topped with baked beets, spiced brown butter and pickled rose petals. Since the dish sounded beautiful and intriguing, I ordered it! It was so scrumptious, that ever since that night, I wanted to recreate it myself.

So you can imagine my excitement when in late December, Sophie posted this nifty little rose petal pickling recipe. To my surprise, the process of pickling rose petals seems pretty easy and it only requires four ingredients. Ah, this year tastes great already, doesn't it?!

P.S: Speaking of flowers, fancy a sip of lilac water?
P.P.S: Natural way to make your tap water taste delicious.

(Photos by Local Lovely and Cannelle et Vanille)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks almost too pretty to eat. Jill

Jill said...

Wow! Definitely haven't tried pickled petals! But so impressive :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, so true!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, and SO good! Hope you try it soon:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk