Love Your Space.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

In December Freya started this wonderful little series on quiet winter and one part in particular resonated with me. It talks about the relationship we have with our home: when you give it love, maintain it and refresh it, your home will give back all that love and more. Her theory gives a wonderful spin on those everyday home chores that we often dread.

Here is what she wrote:

"I've come to learn that a relationship with your home is something to be maintained, and you will feel as much love in your living space as you pour into it. Giving it love until it's positively glowing with pride - doesn't that sound like an amazing environment to rest in? Also, spending time in your home with your things, cleaning them up or throwing things out, is such a good way of getting to grips with where you are and how you got there. It's analyzing the physical accumulation of your life and realizing what was important and what is no longer necessary. 

I'm telling you, it's like therapy. And it makes your priorities seem a lot clearer. Also you can make it as time consuming as you want. Rush through it to move on to something that means more to you, or keep your own company while learning to enjoy it, and save your pennies for another day."

What a perfect way to look at the place we call home, isn’t it? Do you like where you live? Is it exactly what you wanted or is it a working progress?

P.S: The small, happy life.
P.P.S: How to purify the air in your home.

(Photos by Freya DowsonBrian FerryEva Kosmas Flores and via Good Morning)


Anonymous said...

I am renting but one day soon when I have my own place, I'm going to do just that

Sara said...

I LOVE this.

Jaclyn @ Love And Bellinis said...

I absolutely love our home, it's so cozy and so "us". I feel like it will always be a bit of a work in progress though, mostly just because I love projects, and I'm constantly finding ways to be more organized!

Chrissy said...

That kitchen sink though!!
Hugs xxx

Art Farm said...

I love this! Overall, I love my home. But sometimes I go through phases where I hate something or what to change this or that and it sort of gets under my skin and I feel annoyed and irritated. That's not how I want to feel in my home. But boy oh boy, this is totally like therapy. I never thought about cleaning and maintaining my home in this way before. Oh and the photos are just beautiful! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Sara, I'm so happy about that:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jaclyn, that's a very good thing:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Chrissy, I know - totally swoonworthy, isn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, it's good to change things up sometimes. I swapped around our sofa twice last week and it finally feels right:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk