Living the Label-less Life

Monday, January 11, 2016




A while ago, after reading Regina's story and realizing how much visual clutter surrounds me, I went label-less and it feels so good!

The interesting thing about visual clutter is that till you actually take your time and look around, you wouldn’t think your space is packed with labelled items. The reality is that most of our kitchen shelves, bathroom drawers and closets are filled with boxes, jars and bags of products with tons of catchy labels, jazzy designs and eye popping colours that create one massive visual clutter.

The solution is easy: simply remove labels from the items you buy or as I did, get a set of pretty glass jars and bottles, and place everything in them - from pantry goodies to cosmetics and bathroom products as well. You’ll be surprised how much cleaner and fresher your home feels afterwards, and the best part is you actually didn’t get rid of anything. Thoughts? Would you try it?

P.S: Buy for today, not tomorrow.
P.P.S: California micro home in the woods.

(Photos by Brigette Muller via Apartment TherapyTessa Neustadt via My DomaineElsie Larson - A Beautiful Mess and A Feminine Tomboy)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the bottles you linked to, they are nice for bathrooms. What else do you use them for?

Vintage Market Place said...

Very cool and minimalist

Jill said...

Looks very beautiful and for a while I was doing this in my kitchen but I decided it wasn't really worth the bother especially when I'd end up stashing away the extras that didn't fit in my pretty jars so I'd end up with two containers instead of just the original one (label and all).

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, I use them also for my homemade cleaning sprays, hair mixes and face mists.

Diana Mieczan said...

Amy :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk