Layered Rugs: Thumbs up or down?

Tuesday, January 19, 2016







Would you layer rugs in your home?

According to Jennifer, it’s a great way to solve many design dilemmas. Supposedly, layering rugs is the easiest way to define a special area in your home, highlight it with jazzy colours and funky designs or just simply add a bit of texture to make it look ever more welcoming. Also, with this cost-cutting trick you can buy a smaller statement rug, while still getting all the rug coverage you need in your space.

I’m all for it! To me it looks so cozy! What do you think?

P.S: Also, all things kitchen rugs and a few ideas on Kilim rugs.
P.P.S: Plus, all things copper.

(Photos via Glitter GuideBrit +CoSF Girl by BayStudio McGeeApartment TherapyHonestly, wtf)

14 comments:

Jill said...

Honestly can't decide how I feel about this! Rugs on wall-to-wall carpet, yes, for sure. Rugs on rugs? I need to see more, I think. Fun thing to try, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I have done that in my living room. The apartment came with a basic grey rug we didn't like, instead of buying a new big rug, we cleaned the old one and got a sweet Kilim piece to place on top. Jill

Liesl said...

What a fun and creative idea, Diana! I wanted to stop by and say, "hello," now that I'm fully back to blogging and thank you so much for all your support over the years and lovely inspiration! :)

One Woman's Thoughts said...

Yes, all the time. It defines a space. :)

Pascale said...

Absolutely yes! Such an easy way to change things up in your home and create some added interest. I love it!

Roselie said...

Very interesting! I hadn't thought of layering rugs before! Cool idea :D

theRound Button said...

Thumbs up!!! especially for the last three photos :-)

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, how nifty. Well done:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Liesl, yay! Hello:)

Diana Mieczan said...

One Woman's Thoughts, it totally does, doesn't it?

Diana Mieczan said...

Pascale, absolutely!

Diana Mieczan said...

theRound Button :)

Emily L said...

Yes! I've been seeing that trend EVERYWHERE (ok, in all my Country Living issues and the blogs I follow). We have a sisal rug in our living room and I plan to get a larger one and layer. It's much much more affordable as well!

LyddieGal said...

My gut reaction was to say no - but I love all the examples you've shown, so clearly when done just right, it can work brilliantly!
Chic on the Cheap

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk