Fancy being more creative?

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

...Have a shower! As a child, my dad used to tell me that he does his best thinking in the shower, and for the longest time, I was convinced he was kidding, but lately I’ve been noticing the same pattern on myself.

Sometimes in midst of rinsing my hair or applying body wash, a brilliant idea for a post or a project pops into my head, just like that! Has this happened to you?

This morning I finally got my answer: a cognitive psychologist Scott Kaufman has identified the positive link between taking showers and creativity. A whopping 72% of people come up with new ideas in the shower - incredible, isn't it?

Furthermore, Kaufman believes that 'the relaxing, solitary and non-judgmental shower environment may afford creative thinking by allowing the mind to wander freely, and causing people to be more open to their inner stream of consciousness and daydreams'

So next time you're trying to resolve a problem that’s been bugging you for weeks, take a shower :) I'm going to call my dad now to tell him he was right all along:)

P.S: Have you tried the eucalyptus steam shower trick yet? It's brilliant!
P.P.S: The soak.

(via Red Magazine. Photos via Cape Cod Collegiate and Infinite Marilyn Monroe)


Anonymous said...

It happens to me all the time too

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, yay!!!

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

Never knew this, I did hear that talking a walk also does the trick.

Emily L said...

I do my best thinking in the car when I have the radio off. My commute is 45 minutes and while I can't always endure that much silence, sometimes I'll go silent for half and all kinds of thoughts and ideas pop into my head.

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, how cool! I love walking.

Diana Mieczan said...


tutusandtea said...

Love this! ...and it's so true...what a refreshing way to unload or even start our day giving ourselves the freedom to dream and think and smile :) Thank you for this Diana!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk