‘You See More When You Draw’

Monday, December 14, 2015

Have you heard? The famous Rijks Museum in Amsterdam has recently banned cameras and stopped allowing visitors to take photos. Instead, they encourage people to draw and sketch the artwork themselves.

This decision was brought on by the new and innovative concept designed to motivate people of all ages to fully appreciate all the art pieces on displays. To make it even easier for everyone, the Rijks Museum provides sketchbooks and pencils to visitors, as well as free drawing classes.

I find the whole concept pretty wonderful, you?

P.S: Amsterdam - Dutch gable flat or canal houseboat?
P.P.S: Two last gift guides are coming up later today!

(via ufunk)


Anonymous said...

Great concept. Jill

Melanie said...

I love it!! Amsterdam is on my list of places I want to go! I'd love to go that museum and sketch the wonders! =)

Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

Camila Faria said...

That is so cool! I wish we had something like that over here.

Rowena @ rolala loves said...

What a fresh and fun idea! I took drawing classes at my museum during high school and it really made me see and appreciate art on a whole new level.

Art Farm said...

I love it! Although when I read the title of this post I thought to myself that I'm more observant when I take photos, but then after reading I reevaluated and think I'm more observant outside when I take photos because I'm looking for shots. I can see how taking photos can be a distraction in an art museum. So I really love this idea. The next time I go to the Art Institute, I'll have to bring my sketch book along instead of my phone. :) xo, Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk