How to Make an Oil Reed Diffuser (at Home)

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Do you use reed diffusers in your home?

I love how they make the space look and smell, but the store-bought version can be quite pricey. Luckily, the other day I spotted Ali’s simple how-to that only involves 3 ingredients and a few moments of your time.

You just need a cool vessel, a few bamboo skewers from the grocery store, a bit of vodka from the freezer, some water and 2 of your favourite essential oils - that is all! I made one last night using an old maple syrup container and a mix of orange, eucalyptus and cedar-wood essential oils. The result: our home smells dreamy ever since. Hope you try it!

Btw: what's your favourite scent combination?

P.S: Also, this vanilla trick is awesome as well!
P.P.S: And one of my all time favourite simmer pot mixes.

(Photos by Bobbi Lin for Food52. How-to by Ali Slagle)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how simple is soudns. My fave combo is vanilla and sandalwood

Art Farm said...

My husband sent me this last week and I'm excited to do this diy. I like the geranium + peppermint combination. xo, Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk