12 Winter Takes on Persimmons

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Do you like persimmons? Have you tried them before? I haven't been too sure about them till last week when I finally took the plunge and got a few fresh pieces, just to try. I went with the safe option of Yossy Arefi’s bread recipe and I was totally surprised how much I actually loved them. Persimmons have this lovely date-like sweetness with a hint of spice that is irresistible. So if you fancy trying it yourself here are 12 recipes that are persimmons-ready, starting with above, the 'it' breakfast idea of turmeric persimmon porridge...

Persimmon, prosciutto and brie grilled cheese...

Persimmon oatmeal cookies...
Persimmon Old Fashioned cocktail...

Persimmon and butternut squash soup...

Persimmon pudding...

Persimmon scones...

Persimmon and cinnamon cake...

Festive persimmon and blackberry chia jam...

Apple persimmon pies...
Persimmon and tangerine smoothie with vanilla and ginger...

and persimmon + walnut rice pudding...

Which one tickles your fancy?

P.S: Also, 15 takes on avocados and 10 takes on grapes.
P.P.S: Plus, 10 jolly takes on boozy festive drinks.

(Photos by/via Nutrition Stripped, Helen Rosner, Lady and PupsThe Bojon GourmetJoy the BakerTwigg StudiosCotter CrunchHappyolksA Side of SweetGood Eatings and Lean + Meadow)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I've always known what a persimmon is but I don't think I've ever tried it!! The first one w/ the brie & proscuitto caught my eye! It must be yummy!!!

Melanie | Blog:Toots + Dill

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

I've only tried them in salads, never knew you could eat them warm as well. I'll definitely try them in soup!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk