10 Brilliant Books to Devour On a Flight

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Speaking of long flights, one of my favourite ways to make them more enjoyable is reading. There is nothing like a good book to escape all the airport chaos, especially during the Holiday Season, when  trips tend to be more hectic than normally. I usually make a point of getting a brand new book a day before catching a plane to have something to look forward to - like a little treat.

So, if you’re dreading your upcoming trip back home or you’re not a fan of flying altogether, (looking at you mom), here are 10 awesome books to get your teeth sunk into when you are high up in the clouds.
'Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things' by Jenny Lawson - 'Fates and Furies' by Lauren Groff - 'Days of Awe' by Lauren Fox - 'Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton - 'Me Before You' and the sequel  'After You: A Novel' by Jojo Moyes - 'Why Not Me' by Mindy Kaling

'An Everlasting Meal: Cooking With Economy and Grace' by Tamar Adler - 'M Train' by Pati Smith - 'All the Light We Cannot See' by Anthony Doerr - 'Kitchens of the Great Midwest' by J. Ryan Stradal. 

Have you read any of them already? Any favourites? What is the last book you read?

P.S: Also, the perfect gift for people who love food.
P.P.S: Plus, a few gift ideas for the the traveler and a miracle travel spray.

(Top photo by Mandi Nelson. Layout by exPress-o)


Steph said...

So relevant for me right now. I've got lots of upcoming flights to entertain myself on!

My faves are here: http://www.littleobservationist.com/bookshelf/

Art Farm said...

I've heard nothing but good things about 'All the Light We Cannot See' and 'An Everlasting Meal' sounds wonderful! A friend just gave me "The First Bad Man', which I'm excited to start reading. xo, Katie

Carmen said...

I just received "Fates and Furies". Shall be my companion in the long trips in Xmas break! Together with some non fiction in my Kindle ("Thinking fast and slow"), Oliver Sack's biography and also "The haunted Bookshop" by Christopher Morley, which has been repeatedly praised here.

Lauren said...

All the Light We Cannot See is one of my absolute favorites! I lent the book to both of my parents and they loved it as well. I'm now reading The Night Circus and it's excellent. My mom is reading The Nightingale and she was hooked a few pages in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk