The ‘it’ plant for a black thumb

Tuesday, November 17, 2015





Have you heard of the pencil cactus - the easiest plant to care for? I have a friend who, by her own admission, has a black thumb, and a few months ago she treated herself to one of these. Fast-forward to yesterday, I went over for a coffee and to my surprise, Becky’s pencil cactus looked better and livelier than ever!

Usually Becky goes through plants quicker than anyone I know, but it seems that this funky mix of a cactus and a succulent is truly the 'it' plant to cure someone's black thumb. Supposedly, it can survive almost any amount of abandonment, as long as you water it every two to three weeks and keep it away from pets (it’s not good for them). I’m getting one today. You?

P.S: The meaning of cacti.
P.P.S: And those awesome Agate planters.

(Photos by/via GardenistaManhattan NestFor Me, For YouThe Brick House and Food52)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of it and I don't have pet, so its a plant made for me

Melanie said...

I do not have a planters thumb at all!!! I have a money tree that I don't know how it's stayed alive for the almost year I have it. My cats have eaten some of it, two of rope stalks are dead...but the lil guy has persevered! Maybe when I get a new place I'll try the pencil cactus! It looks friendly! I'll have to keep it on a high shelf tho! =)

Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

Art Farm said...

Ooo! I haven't heard of this plant before. It's so cool looking. My problem is I don't get a ton of sunlight in my apartment, but I'd love to give this a try. xo, Katie

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk