Save it for a Rainy Day...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

In the age of instant feedback and an overload of messages, a sweet note or positive comment can easily get lost or overlooked - especially when having a bad day. So, a few days ago, Erin shared a nifty little rainy day advice she got from her sister and I thought you’d like it too.

Erin wrote:
"…Cait suggested that I make a special label in my Gmail account and that I call it “for a rainy day.” 

Filed under that label, should be every kind, supportive, sweet, and loving note that I have ever received. Every nicety sent from an old boss. Every supportive email from a professor. Every kind boost of confidence from an old friend. Every out-of-the-blue note from a blog reader. This way, she explained, that on a rainy day - or on a perfectly sunny day that still somehow felt grey - I could visit the label and read through the kindnesses that had been sent my way and feel better. 

Notes for a rainy day can soften even the hardest edges. And I think we all deserve to be reminded of goodness - our own and other peoples’ - on rainy days and sunny ones.”

Wonderful idea, isn't it?

I created my folder right after reading this, and I bet it will come in handy during those winter blues. Hope you'll make one too or send a sweet little note to someone who needs it. Cheers!

P.S: Instant mood fix and our perfections.
P.P.S: Two words that can change a day.

(Photo by Valeria Picerno. Quote by Reading My Tea Leaves)

7 comments:

Steph said...

Aw, I do that too! It does cheer you up :) Love that photo, by the way. x

Ta said...

Great idea! I also have a couple of photo albums like this for my hard copy notes.

OnePerfectDay said...

This is such a great idea!
I could use one of those folders!

Roselie said...

Fantastically sweet idea! I 'm going to make this folder right now! Thanks for sharing! <3

Diana Mieczan said...

Steph :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Ta, great idea!

Diana Mieczan said...

Roselie, my pleasure!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk