How to Make Your Home Smell Like Fall

Tuesday, October 13, 2015


When the chilly fall arrives, nothing beats looking at the grumpy weather through the window of your cozy home. I know many of you love a good simmer pot and I’m certainly a big fan. Just imagine sitting on your sofa with your feet up, all wrapped in a blanket, sipping something hot and enjoying the scent of autumn in the air. Are you imagining it? :)

My newest favourite fall potpourri mix has just four ingredients, and I’m positive you have most of them in your kitchen cabinet. Try one tonight and I promise it will make you and your home feel special for days to come. Life is all about those little tiny moments of total bliss...don't let them pass you by!

Here is what you will need:
- the peel of one orange 
- 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks 
- 2 tablespoons of cloves 
- 5 bay leaves 
- 3 cups of water plus plenty more for refill

Place all ingredients in a cooking pot and simmer throughout the day while adding a bit of water from time to time. Also, you can reuse this mix for three days and store it in the fridge overnight. Ta dah!

P.S: Here are three more mixes I love!
P.P.S: Plus, this nifty trick to make your home smell amazing in no time.

(Photos by exPress-o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait for tonight to make it. Do you leave it on for a whole day?

Tanya said...

Cool post! Lovely fall inspired.

http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, mostly yes, but sometimes I just heat it up and place it on the desk next to me while I'm working.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk