A cake baked inside a pumpkin!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015




Holy moly, the quintessential fall pumpkin just got even better! Yup, you're looking at a cake baked inside a pumpkin, so basically you're getting a reverse pumpkin dessert kind-of-deal. Supposedly when it's baked and ready, the pumpkin's skin becomes soft, sweet and ready to eat - just like that, together with your favourite chocolate cake mix. Genius, isn't it?

P.S: Plus, seven more quirky takes on a pumpkin, this latte and those lanterns.
P.P.S: And this pumpkin cream soup.

(Photos by Athena Plichta for A Subtle Revelry)

10 comments:

Melissa Blake said...

omg, this is about the coolest thing in the world!!! Wonder how pumpkin cake mix would taste...

Melissa | So About What I Said

Melanie said...

Seriously my mouth is watering! That looks so cute and delicious!!

Melanie | Toots & Dill

Roselie said...

Marvellous. Genious. Totally want to do it! Pinned the recipe just now :)

Jill said...

I am so curious about this. Pumpkin tastes horrible on it's own, I find so I dunno....she says it gets sweet, but not so convinced! I want someone to try it and report back because the idea is super cute!

Art Farm said...

OMG! What a cute idea!!! xo, Katie

Marieken Hoefnagel said...

It looks intriguing! Although a cake that size, would never fit into my dollhouse-sized oven. I need someone to bake me one of these. I do love that it's pumpkin season. I just gotten hummus with pumpkin in it. It tastes pretty good!

Diana Mieczan said...

Melissa, I bet it would taste amazing!

Diana Mieczan said...

Roselie yay!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, I'm planning to make it on Saturday. I will let you know how it tastes, deal?

Diana Mieczan said...

Marieken, hummus with pumpkin? Yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk