Succulent Garden

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My friend Stella started a brand new job last week, so I wanted to do something nice for her since I knew how stressed she was about going back to work after having kids and staying home for a few years.

A couple of days before, I got a handful of cacti, succulents and a pretty bowl from Ikea and I recreated Kaylee’s succulent garden idea. We agreed to meet the morning of her first day for coffee (and a pep talk), so I took that opportunity to give it to her.

Over the weekend, she called saying that the plant bowl ended up being the perfect first day of work ice breaker. Everyone seemed to ask about it and the conversation just flew from there. I love how something so little can make someone's life so much easier.

Ah, I haven't worked in an office setup for years now, but I still remember how awkward those first days can be. Do you work in an office? Do you still remember your first day?

P.S: Also, the perfect gift for people who love food and a few sweet new mama and baby ideas you might like.
P.P.S: Plus, the universal family and ubuntu - I am because we are.

(Photos by The Blondielocks)


Marieken Hoefnagel said...

That makes a super cute gift, I would love something like it on my desk!

Camila Faria said...

I do this all the time Diana ~ it's the perfect gift. Everyone seems to love it. \o/

Roselie said...

I LOVE this idea! Have saved the first picture for inspiration! I 'll make it with the crystals though, even more lovely!

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...

Camila, yay!

Diana Mieczan said...

Roselie, sounds perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk