Plaid with plaid (and more plaid)

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Seems that we all love wearing plaid with jeans or stripes or even on its own, but how would you feel about wearing two or even three different plaid patterns together in one fall uniform?

According to Madewell overabundance of plaid is actually a good thing and we should take full advantage of it. The key is to stick to one colour family and play around with scale. For every large-scale plaid, like a big buffalo check, add one tightly checked tartan - ta dah!

Sounds easy and wonderfully unexpected, doesn’t it? The question is, would you be brave enough? (I’m going to try the shirt + scarf combo at first). You?

P.S: How about stripes on stripes?
P.P.S: Plus, all things autumn denim and the 'it' Parisian jacket for fall.

(Photos by/via Angi Welsch , The Zoe ReportJugsMinweeMy ShowroomSportsanistaELLE  and Adoreness)


Jaime @ laviejaime said...

yes, I love all this mixing and matching plaid. so fun!

Jill said...

Love it! I think I'd look like a fashion disaster if I tried myself, but really wanting to attempt the plaid button up + plaid scarf look in the 4th pic!

Art Farm said...

I love it. I'd start with the shirt scarf combo too. It's pretty bold, but so fun!!! xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Jill, that is a great look, indeed.

Diana Mieczan said...


Diana Mieczan said...

Jaime yay!

Anonymous said...

Is gingham giving way to plaid? I have several gingham shirts and wonder if they are still in style.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, they are! Both gingham and plaid are very stylish:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk