Kitchen Tweak: Leather Cabinet Pulls

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Yesterday afternoon I helped my friend Sofia swap her regular white Ikea kitchen cabinet knobs for leather pulls, and in a matter of an afternoon, her whole kitchen transformed from nice to utterly lovely. I’m always in awe how small changes can transform and update a space with little cost and tons of imagination. Now, I’m thinking about doing the same in my kitchen. What do you think?

To make the pulls, Sofia followed Alexa’s brilliant how-to video, if you're temped to try it too.

P.S: And here is one for handles.
P.P.S: 10 cozy gems for your autumn kitchen.

(Photos by/via RemodelistaAnastasiaThe Design FilesInteriorthe kitchn and At Home in Love)


Anonymous said...

We're renting therefore a new kitchen is out of question. I'm thinking maybe I can do this to make it look more modern. Thks

Art Farm said...

I love this look! What kind of fastener did you use to attach the leather? I'm just curious how much wear and tear they can take. Because it looks awesome. You should totally do it in your kitchen, Diana! xo, Katie

emmy d said...

I did this in our kitchen! It looks so much nicer - such a cute tweak. (you can see it on my instagram -jewbeck, probably back last November) It's really inexpensive to DIY too!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, Sofia got those steel carriage bolts with nuts( and they seem super durable.

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, you totally should:) It will make such a difference.

Diana Mieczan said...

Emmy, I'm going to have a look right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk