Herbal remedies: Sage

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

The beginning of autumn can be tricky on our system with its rapid temperature changes and viruses lurking around.

A few weeks ago while I was nursing a nasty cold, a friend told me to get a pot of fresh sage and use it to make tea. Ever since then I’ve been hooked on its benefits. Sage is a nifty little herb that is very effective in clearing all sorts of colds, flus, sore throats and coughs due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.

It also does wonders to the digestive system as it stimulates the digestive tract, helps with indigestion and keeps your liver healthy. If that’s not enough, it’s a dream herb for skin, especially if you have acne or rosacea, as both are deeply rooted in the digestive system. So next time you feel poorly and about to reach for a pill, make sage tea instead!

Here is the how-to: pour 1 cup of boiling water over 2 tablespoons of fresh or 1 tablespoon of dried sage leaves. Cover and steep for 15 minutes and strain. Add a bit of honey for sweetness.

P.S: Another nifty cold and sore throat remedy.
P.P.S: Plus, the superfood hot chocolate and this yummy mocktail.

(Photos by exPress-o)


Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures Diana & thx for the tip. I'm going to keep it in mind for when I get sick

Art Farm said...

Great tip, Diana!! I had no idea about all the benefits of sage. I just thought it tasted great! I have a ton growing in my garden right now. I'll have to brew a cup soon. xo, Katie

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, thank you!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, it's a nifty little herb, indeed:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk