Have you seen True Story? Sometimes it's refreshing to sit down and watch a film without any preconceived notions, reviews or spoilers of any kind. This was the case with True Story, and it made the experience all the more exciting, intriguing and sometimes baffling.
As with most films that are based on a true story, for me it doesn't end with the credits. That's when I start researching and reading all the background info on the real characters, the real events, and this part is just as exciting as the movie itself.
The story is about a New York Times journalist and a convicted murderer. It’s about their strange, co-dependent, yet totally fascinating relationship that all started with a simple phone call and a stolen identity. Throughout the film they seem to bond, help each other in a way, but you can’t help wondering whether it’s one-sided, if it's all just a game, or do they actually trust each other. The multi-layered, complex personality of these characters is the driving force behind this captivating picture. Through its twists and turns in the the end, the heart-breaking truth is revealed. Or is it?
So if you’re in the mood for a thought-provoking true story, this film is definitely for you.
Bit and bobs:
- James and Jonah on the story.
- Jonah on actually disliking his own character.
- The truth behind the 'true story'...
- And the real Christian Longo.
- Love this, you?
- Balazs and I were playing this game last night - it's impossible:)
- Hilarious - Felicity is so lovely. I want to be her friend.
- Felicity on work, family and all that jazz.
- Did you know that Felicity is the female lead in the new 'Star Wars'?
- Remember Seth...oh boy!
P.S: And 10 best scary films...
P.P.S: Plus, tons more film awesomeness!
(Photos via IMDb)