I can’t wait to share this one with you. Have you seen Laggies already? It’s a thought provoking (newish) romantic comedy that Balazs and I recently watched. The story is about a girl in her late 20s who finished school, received her diploma, has a great group of friends and just recently got engaged to her high school sweetheart. Yet, none of those things make her happy. On the contrary, she feels trapped, miserable and misunderstood. So when the first opportunity comes to take a little time off from her own life, she does…Brilliantly written and played. A film that many of us can relate to and a wonderful reminder that there is no expiration date on finding your way in life.
Sounds like something you'd like to watch?
Bits and bobs:
- I loved the chemistry between Keira Knightley, Sam Rockwell (whom you might remember from Confessions of a Dangerous Mind) and Chloë Grace Moretz.
- Speaking of Chloe, she is only 17 years old (and so talented).
- The cast on the story.
- Wine, cheese and skipping school...You will laugh out loud!
- Hilarious naughtiness.
- Would you rather?
- Sam dancing is truly unmissable! Jimmy isn't bad either:)
- Chloe in her funniest interview to the date.
- "The need for more flawed women on screen".
- 4 takes on Keira.
- Another excellent film with her. Check it out.
P.S: Not sure what to watch tonight? This might help.
(Photos via IMDb)