How to have the life we really want...

Monday, August 31, 2015

The other day, Jordan Ferney posted a sweet little reminder/advice on how to have the life we really want and it totally made my day! She said:

‘I wanted to buy a Fiat 500 for almost 10 years. Every time I would consider it, I would worry it would need a lot of upkeep or it would be too impractical. Finally after 10 years I put a low bid on eBay and I won! The funny thing is all my fears were actually true (I'm BFFs with my mechanic!). But what I didn't realize is HOW happy it makes me. I almost always have a grin on my face when I drive it. It's impossible not to. Everyone waves at me and laughs everywhere I go. The thing that kills me is, I spent 10 years not letting myself be happy. That realization has been really important to me. If you want to travel or buy a Vespa or dye your hair pink, figure out a way to do it. Life is short and we don't have any time to prevent ourselves from having the life we really want.’

It’s true that we tend to make billion and one little excuses why we can’t do something or get something or go somewhere, but in reality pretty much everything is achievable one way or another.

So, in the spirit of Jordan spreading happiness and making people daydream, what's one thing you really want? (I’m joining in the fun, so you can see my answer in the comments section). xo

P.S: Moments...
P.P.S: The mayonnaise jar and a little life lesson on embracing yourself.

(Photo by Jordan Ferney)

14 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

My answer: Ever since we moved into our flat (over 7 years ago), I've been daydreaming about transforming a little all glass unused nook into a work space for myself. Till now I wasn't brave enough to get it started since it entails knocking off a wall and all that jazz. But now, I think I'm ready. It would be wonderful to have a new space full of extra light to work in since I spend most of my day there. Your turn!

Anonymous said...

you should do it Diana, my biggest dream is to travel around europe. i've been collecting lists of places to see, visit but every time im about to set a deadline, something always comes up. i get cold feet

Jillian said...

aw love this!! and i hope you transform that space and make it your own. i really want to keep traveling. i had the best time traveling with my husband and i think when our daughter is a little older it'll be so much fun to explore more places with her. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Art Farm said...

I loved what Jordan wrote and it really spoke to me! Go for your new, light-filled work space!! It will be worth it in the long run and you'll be so much happier. I want to travel more as well, but some debt and other factors has not made me feel comfortable doing so. But this year of saving and also having a plan has really helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel. xo, Katie

Camila Faria said...

Oh my! What an inspiring story! I'll have to think about that... so many things I've been postponing in my life...

Camila Faria said...

Oh my! What an inspiring story! I'll have to think about that... so many things I've been postponing in my life...

Mamy2k4 said...

I'd wont to change my work. After 20+ years of C programming I'd like to become a front end developer. It's still possible this at 47?
If I don't try, I'll never know it! So, yesterday I went to buy a new pc (my older wasn't working) and now I'm ready to start!
Lovely blog Diana, keep on doing this amazing work!

English Mum said...

Love. Since we moved into our house four years ago, I've dreamed of a new kitchen. My husband lost his job last month (just after we finally decided to go ahead and knock the kitchen and diner into one) but we decided to crack on and finish it. It was finally done and it's the best thing we ever did. Sometimes things don't need to cost a fortune and, in fact, we found that we were more creative because we had less money. Thanks for reminding me how happy I am with it :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, ah Europe is stunning. Go for it!!

Diana Mieczan said...

Jillian, thank you. I'm totally motivated now:) Also, your little cutie will love exploring new places with you. Cheers to travel!

Diana Mieczan said...

Katie, totally agree. I'm so ready to get it done. Btw: I bet very soon you will travel again somewhere beautiful and inspiring, sweetie. Fingers crossed.

Diana Mieczan said...

Camila :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Mamy2k4, totally possible!! I'm so excited for you, darling and thanks for such a sweet note.

Diana Mieczan said...

Becky, I'm so sorry that your husband lost his job but well done for going ahead with the kitchen project and making it happen by being creative. I bet the kitchen looks amazing, darling.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk