Grow Your Own Pineapple Plant

Thursday, August 6, 2015


Have you tried growing a pineapple plant? A few weeks ago, I crossed my fingers (and toes) and tried growing a proper pineapple plant. I’m happy to say that last week I finally placed it firmly in the soil and as I’m writing this, I can see my little pot standing in the window waiting for the morning rays to hit our building. So far so good and who knew that something so simple, can bring so much joy!

Anyway, I used Kate’s step-by-step how to, so I hope you try it too, because it’s true what they say - the simplest things can make us the happiest. Good morning, loves!

P.S: How to grow sunflower greens and more pineapple awesomeness.
P.P.S: Don't miss our sassy jewelry GIVEAWAY this week!

(Photos by Netherleigh)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to try this. Thx

Asep Nugroho said...

nice!!

Anonymous said...

I learned this trick from a friend a couple of years ago.
If you live in an area where you have many warm months, the plant can be planted outdoors and will yield fruit in 1-2 years.

I live in central Florida where it is warm most of the time except for the hard freezes than can occur between December and March. On a whim, I put about 3 pineapple tops into a large planter of potting soil and 2 years later, not only have the plants quadrupled in size, there are 7 baby pineapples growing :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, oh my goodness that is SO cool! Aw...I love that!

Karen RZ said...


I live in Brazil and I 'm waiting for my pineapple babies.
(I planted 1 year ago)
:)

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

whoa, really? how cool!

Anonymous said...

I too live in central Fl (Tampa area). I started planting pineapples, some in ground some in pots, about 3yrs ago. This year we picked 22 of the sweetest pineapples I've ever had. And there are still 3 more almost ready! Plus to top it off my next door neighbor has a mango tree that we just picked clean of 100+ big juicy sweet mangoes.....
Life is Good......

Diana Mieczan said...

Michelle, it works! You should try it:)

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, oh my goodness, that is amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

How often should they be watered ?

Diana Mieczan said...

Anonymous, water it when it's dry and only enough to keep it moist. It doesn't like to sit in water. I usually water it twice a week. Hope that helps:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

exPress-o All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk